When I was in the Navy, I was a crew member aboard an aircraft carrier. We had a full battle group with us: multiple destroyers, destroyer escorts, guided-missile cruisers, frigates, a supply ship and submarines. It was a formidable assemblage. When orders came down instructing our carrier group to change course, we did what we called a "fleet turn." Our carrier and all its accompanying ships carefully turned, in concert, to a new direction in one huge maneuver. It was like a gigantic piece of choreography with all components acting together. Fleet turns are critical to keeping everything together and staying on course.
- Colleges Struggle with COVID-19 and Distance Learning | Admissions ›
- Select Colleges Share Their Plans for Fall 2020 | Admissions ›
- Will Your College Open This Fall? | Admissions ›
- None ›
- Colleges May Face Perfect Storm for Fall 2020 | Admissions ›
- Infographic: Survey Reveals How COVID-19 Has Impacted Fall Plans | Admissions ›