Question: I am active duty military. My home of record is in the state of Florida. I am currently stationed in the state of Virginia. If my son would like to attend a school in FL, will he have to pay out of state tuition?

One of the most complex aspects of the college search and application process can be determining which students qualify for in-state status. “The Dean's" eyes have glazed over many times trying to decipher all the legalese! Thus, I contacted the Florida Department of Education before responding. I wanted to make sure that the news I gave you was not only good but also accurate.

Keep reading Show less