Question: I've recently (in the middle of 9th grade) moved to a new country, and have enrolled in the IGCSE (the international Cambridge board) program. In my new school, leadership opportunities, clubs, etc are very scarce, and therefore I do not have the same opportunities as I did in America. I am probably going to complete the IB diploma program in 11th and 12th grade, and would like to attend a university in America once I finish. I have a U.S.A citizenship. Would I apply as an American citizen or an international student? Also, what would I need to do in order to have good chances at being accepted into prestigious colleges?

When you complete your applications, you will indicate that you are an American citizen, and college admission officials will treat you as a domestic student for financial aid purposes. (If you are applying for aid, being a citizen gives you a huge advantage over non-citizens at most colleges.)

Keep reading Show less