In-State Tuition After One Year in New State?

Question: I'm a high school senior who will be moving from Taiwan to attend Colorado State University. I have US citizenship, but neither my parents nor I have Colorado residency. If I stay in Colorado for one full year, will I be allowed to pay in-state tuition for the next three years of university?

In-state tuition rules vary a bit from state to state (and sometimes even from college to college within the same state!), so many folks feel like they need a college degree just to decipher the confusing regulations. But one rule that's pretty consistent is this:

Keep reading Show less
Find Your Best Fit
Find your best fit college and track your favorite colleges.
Connect with your future classmates
Offer not stacking up? These articles may help
Expert advice and answers to common SAT and ACT questions