A big concern for many students is how to show employers they have what it takes to persevere, succeed and deliver value when even entry-level positions require experience they don't yet have. The truth is that employers don't expect much experience if you are still in high school or college, but they do want information that gives them insights into who you are. Aside from academics, a great way to highlight your character and abilities and stand out among the growing pool of qualified candidates is volunteering, and that's something a large percentage of employers seek.
- Will Taking A College Gap Year Hurt My Job Opportunities? | Careers ›
- 3 Extracurriculars To Help You Stand Out | Admissions ›
- 5 Resume, Interview Tips for First-Time Job-Hunters | Careers ›
- Video: Students Discuss the Most Challenging Things About College | Admissions ›
- How to Find Your Best Fit Volunteer Opportunity During COVID | Admissions ›