Should Student Send Slightly Sub-Median ACT Score to Test-Optional School?
I just read your column on whether to submit a test score or not during these times. My daughter took the ACT in January of junior year and received a 26. It was supposed to be a starting point, but it looks as though she may not be able to take it again. We were confident that with test prep, she would go up a few points. Clemson is about a 28 for admission. Do you think she should submit that score since the school is now test optional? Her GPA is 4.4 at a top high school in Michigan. She has taken six credit hours at Mississippi State over the summer, and has good leadership and extracurriculars. Should she submit the 26 knowing it is just under Clemson's 27-32 middle 50 percent?
- 5 Facts About This Fall's Test-Optional Admissions Landscape | Test ... ›
- How Do Colleges Compare Applicants Who Submit Test Scores ... ›
- When Should You Send Test Scores to Test-Optional Colleges ... ›
- Should Applicant Send SAT Scores When Math is High but Verbal Isn't? | Test Prep ›
- To Send ... or Not to Send ... ACT Scores | Test Prep ›