I have a question about extracurricular activities. My son is a junior at an affluent, suburban high school. He's a strong student -- 4.1 weighted/3.8 UW GPA, 1490 SAT, will have 11 AP/DE classes when he graduates. He does have extracurricular activities but very few at his school. He works full time during the summers as a camp counselor, takes guitar lessons, performs on guitar once a month at our church and also runs the sound board at church monthly and participates in a monthly community service activity at church. He golfs occasionally with friends but does not participate in the school golf team because it conflicts with his summer job.
- Is a Job an Extracurricular Activity? | Preparing for College ›
- After-School Jobs Vs. Extracurricular Activities on Your College ... ›
- How to Fill out the Common App Without Extracurriculars | Admissions ›
- How the Common Data Set Can Help You Determine Your Admission Odds | Admissions ›
- Help! I Have Very Few Extracurriculars and No Essay Ideas | Admissions ›