I got my final college notification this weekend and it was another denial. I applied to six schools and was denied at all but one. I am on the waitlist at that one, so I called the admissions office there, and the rep said I may not hear further notification for a few months -- maybe not even until May! So do I just wait on that or do I somehow apply to more colleges at this late stage? For reasons I don't want to go into, staying home for a while and trying again next year or attending community college aren't options. I need to get out of my town.
Sorry to hear about your college verdicts so far. Maybe the college that wait-listed you will finally come through with some good news. However, “The Dean" suspects that it will drive you nuts to hang on until May when you hear. So in the meantime, here's what you can do: