Help for Single Mom Losing Child Support for 18-Year-Old

Question: My daughter is planning on attending college fall 2011 at the University of North Carolina in Charlotte. She turned 18 on January 16, 2010 and therefore by North Carolina Laws will receive no Child Support From her father after that date. I, her mother, have not remarried and he is unwilling to help out at all with any further financial issues since she is 18. I have another daughter that is 13 in the home. How can this be represented on her financial aid application to allow help for her to get into college? I will still be providing medical, car insurance etc. My am a public school teacher.

I forwarded your question to my financial aid guru, Ann C. Playe (former associate director of admission and financial aid at Smith College, now a college and financial aid counselor at ).Here's what Ann advises:

Keep reading Show less
Find Your Best Fit
Find your best fit college and track your favorite colleges.
Connect with your future classmates
Offer not stacking up? These articles may help
Expert advice and answers to common SAT and ACT questions