H-1 Visa Question

Question: My student is attending high school in Colorado. He is here on his father's H-1 visa. Can he attend an American University? Is he eligible to apply for any scholarships with this status?

"H-1" refers to the visa type assigned to foreign nationals who are in temporary employment or training situations under the supervision of specific employers in the U.S. This covers a broad range of situations including migrant workers, Department of Defense assignments, registered nurses, trainees in an exchange program, and even a "Fashion Model of Distinguished Merit and Ability," designated visa type H-1B3.

Keep reading Show less
Find Your Best Fit
Find your best fit college and track your favorite colleges.
Connect with your future classmates
Offer not stacking up? These articles may help
Expert advice and answers to common SAT and ACT questions