Financial Aid for 24-Year-Old Returning to School?

Question: I am 24 years and want to be in college this year. I made an annual income of $25,000. Will I be eligible for financial aid of $12,000?

At age 24, you will be considered an "Independent Student," which means that colleges will look at only your income and other financial resources and will not include those of your parents. For most 24-year-olds, this is good news, since it usually means they will qualify for far more financial aid than if the parents' figures were included in the aid calculation.

Keep reading Show less
Find Your Best Fit
Find your best fit college and track your favorite colleges.
Connect with your future classmates
Offer not stacking up? These articles may help
Expert advice and answers to common SAT and ACT questions