Paying for College

Federal Aid for Green-Card Holder?

Question: My daughter is a resident alien (green card holder). Does she qualify for any federal loans?

When it comes to financial aid issues and international students, "The Dean" has to dole out a lot of bad news. So, in this case, I'm delighted to be able to give good news for a change. As a green-card holder, your daughter will qualify for U.S. federal financial aid.

Keep reading Show less
Find Your Best Fit
Find your best fit college and track your favorite colleges.
Connect with your future classmates
Offer not stacking up? These articles may help
Expert advice and answers to common SAT and ACT questions