Does Test-Optional for Admission Also Mean Test-Optional for Merit Aid?
My daughter is a rising senior applying to a range of selective colleges. She stands a decent chance of admittance with an impressive high school academic record, including AP and honors coursework, a high GPA and class rank, extracurriculars with leadership roles, professional internships, a consistent part-time job and hundreds of hours of volunteer work. She has not been able to take the ACT. She is registered to take it this fall, fingers crossed. However, if she can't take the test, how does merit aid get awarded for a newly test-optional but more selective (less than 25 percent admittance) college?
- Options for HS Junior Who Was Told That College Would Be ... ›
- New Tool Helps Simplify Merit Aid Search | Admissions ›
- How to Find Scholarships Based on SAT/ACT Score | Test Prep ›
- Who Am I Competing Against in College Admissions? | Admissions ›
- 5 Factors to Consider When Applying to Test-Optional Colleges | Test Prep ›