Can Community College Student Transfer After One Year?

Question: My son is about to go to a junior college in San Francisco. He will do this because he has no idea what he wants to major in. If he spends one year at the junior college, can he transfer his credits to another college or will he lose them all if he doesn't finish two years?

Your son CAN transfer credits from a two-year college to a four-year college, even if he only completes one year (or, for that matter, just one SEMESTER).

Keep reading Show less
Find Your Best Fit
Find your best fit college and track your favorite colleges.
Connect with your future classmates
Offer not stacking up? These articles may help
Expert advice and answers to common SAT and ACT questions