Paying for College

California In-State Tuition Using Grandparents' Address?

Question: I plan on applying to a California State university and I have grandparents living in California. I would like to use their address to apply as it would lower my tuition costs, but I currently live in Colorado. Will I be able to use my grandparents address in my application?

Definitely NOT!! Half of the high school students in the US would be heading to the Left Coast to bunk with Grandma or Grandpa, Aunt Edna or Uncle Earl, if the enticing (and outstanding) California colleges and universities allowed applicants to use their relatives' addresses ... or didn't check carefully when applicant and high school zip codes are miles apart.

Keep reading Show less
Find Your Best Fit
Find your best fit college and track your favorite colleges.
Connect with your future classmates
Offer not stacking up? These articles may help
Expert advice and answers to common SAT and ACT questions