Aid for High School Senior On His Own

Question: I am 17 and have left home due to family problems. I have not legally emancipated myself yet, but I am self-supporting and want to know what my options are concerning government grants, tax breaks or anything that will make my final year in high school a bit easier.

Our expertise is in college admission and we don't feel that we can give you a responsible answer about all of the financial issues you may need to understand as you face a senior year on your own. However, when it comes to college and independent students like yourself, we can offer some advice about financing your college education.

Keep reading Show less
Find Your Best Fit
Find your best fit college and track your favorite colleges.
Connect with your future classmates
Offer not stacking up? These articles may help
Expert advice and answers to common SAT and ACT questions